Pages

Monday 10 August 2020

Highlights of Year 8 Camp at Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp

 Last week we had year 8 leadership camp. While the year 8s were away having a blast at the Kauaeranga Valley Christian Camp the year 7s and some of the year 8s that stayed back had the step up programme with Mrs Ilaoa, Miss Tipene and Mrs Moala.

I had multiple highlights from camp but some of them were the cross games that we had on the first day. On the first day of camp once we had arrived at the campsite we went into our cabins to get our bunks ready, we also got changed into something comfortable for the games. There were games that we had and we were able to get points for our camp groups.

Long story short my favourite game out of the cross games was the body surfer. I was the one who got to surf on all of my group while they pulled me across the hall. It felt great to be supported by all of the year eights and I trust that they wouldn't drop me. It was a great time and it helped us to befriend people we didn't really know before.

From what I heard from the year 7s step up programme it seemed pretty fun. I found out that they also had teams and it was very similar to last years programme.

Overall I'm very thankful that we even had camp because during the lockdown it seemed like there wasn't even going to be one. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to step up as leaders and to make new friends.


3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Tha Zin,

    This is a great point - we were so lucky to be able to attend camp after covid! What other activities did you enjoy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tha Zin

    Great reflection about the Year 8 leadership camp. I liked how you described the 'body surfer' activity, but enjoyed it even more when I saw an example of it in the movie. Great movie by the way! It's so evident how much teamwork was going on at camp. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Tha-zin :)

    Camp was really fun with you!
    It's nice that you had fun at camp :)
    We share similar highlights :3
    Anything else you enjoyed? Would you ever have camp with us again?
    Keep up the good work on your blog! I hope to see more :)
    Keep safe during this lockdown.

    ~ Chance <3

    ReplyDelete